The V2 Version of the Tetra 1/24 is here! With a phenomenal amount of feedback from customers of the V1, we quickly went into action and made over a dozen changes to the 1:24 platform. They include:
- Ball Bearings inside the Transmission
- Revised Link Geometry
- Redesigned Motor Mount
- 1.0" Wheel Package
- Buttery Smooth ESC with Revised Power ports for ease of use
- CVD's up Front
- Revised Steering Geometry
- New Shock Cartridges and Mounts
- 51 Turn Motor for a more Well-Rounded Trail Scaler
Portal Axles and Metal Worm Gears
The heart of the Tetra 1/24 are the portal axles. Portal axles provide an abundance amount of ground clearance and give a scale detail that is found more common in 1/10 rigs but a first for a 1/24 platform. In creating the portals, the desire was to have a consistent feel ascending and descending all types of terrain. This is where the metal worm gear drive system gives the same exact driving experience going up or down different terrain. You control the speed 100% with the throttle going downhill just like you would uphill versus the brake / motor magnets doing the work on your descents.
Light up the Night Sky
The Tetra is also ready to light up the trail. The X series lighting system includes Roof Lights, Front Light Buckets, Rear Brake or Running Light Buckets (user can manually change channel port for preference). The system is controlled from the transmitter that includes four distinct light settings – off, solid, slow flash and strobe. The Tetra 1/24 is ready to get the party started both day and night.
Electrified Body Mounts
Wait, what? Yep, we said electrified magnetic body mounts. In addition to magnetic body mounts, the power to the lights from the ESC travels through the magnetic mounts. The magnets effectively become the plug/unplug feature of the lights from the chassis to the body. Complete freedom to remove the battery without wires getting in the way and no need to remove the wires ever again from the ESC if you're working on your vehicle.
Magnetic Body Mounts
Never need or lose a body clip again. The magnetic front body mounts complete with rear hinge make accessing the battery and anything else capable with the flick of a finger.
To ready itself for all the detail, the Tetra 1/24 utilizes the same transmission, motor, driveshafts and several other parts from the Tetra 1/18. The oversized 180 motor, driveshafts and transmission brings a durability confidence that rivals anything else in the 1/24 scale category.
Aluminum threaded shock bodies, beadlock wheel, black oxide c-channel metal chassis rails, a bunch of molded accessories on the X Series body including a full size spare tire and hex hardware are all a part of the new 1/24 package. It’s small, it’s capable, it’s feature packed and it’s fun!
- Portal Axles
- Insanely high ground clearance and next level detail
- Worm Gears
- The ultimate in throttle control both up and downhill. No more relying on brake setting to descend hills and obstacles.
- Magnetic front body mounts and hinged rear body mount = no more body clips.
- Class leading scale body detail
- Front/Rear Bumpers
- 2 LED Front Light Buckets
- 2 LED Rear Light Buckets
- 2 LED in Roof Mounted Light Bar
- Injection Molded Mirrors
- Injection Molded Grill
- Spare Tire Carrier with full-size spare
- LED lights – Four functions controlled from the transmitter
- Solid On
- Slow Blinking
- Realistic "Sipe" tire tread design
- Overland/Off-Road style 3-piece U-Factor beadlock design
- Aluminum shocks with linear adjustable coil-over springs.
- Solid front and rear axle with worm gears - provides the utmost ground clearance for tackling the harshest of obstacles.
- 3-speed user selected throttle mode through switch on remote control
- Great for beginners or to help create a more realistic crawl mode for those tougher obstacles.
- USB charger allows you to charge anywhere.
- 45-minute charge time
- No assembly required - Charge and Go!
Approximate Assembly Time: No assembly required - true RTR
Battery (1 piece): 2-cell Li-ion 700mAh Battery w/PH2.0 connector
Motor Size: 180 51T reverse rotation
Motor Type: Brushed
Speed Control: Fully proportional forward and reverse
Brake Type: Electronic but not standard setting as it is not needed with worm gears.
Charger: USB Charger
Drive System: Shaft Driven 4WD
Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
Radio: 3 Channel 2.4GHz
Suspension: Solid Axle 4-Link
Shock Length (eye-to-eye): 42mm (1.66”), Alloy/Threaded Shock Body
Front Rear Wheels: 25.4mm x 13.9mm (1.0 x 0.55”)
Front/Rear Tires: 50mm x 19mm (1.97” x 0.75”
Lights: 3 Step LED (controllable from transmitter)
Ground Clearance (at full ride height): 27.4mm (1.08”)
Axle Ground Clearance: 20mm (.787”)
Track: 115mm (4.53 in)
Height: 125mm (4.92 in) X3 with Lightbar
Length: 230mm (9.05 in) X3 with Spare Tire
Width: 115mm (4.53 in)
Wheelbase: 132mm (5.20 in)
Climb Angle: 45
Side Hill Angle: 37
Approach Angle: 61
Departure Angle: 51
Wheel Hex Size: 7mm
Front Wheel Weights: 16 grams
Rear Wheel Weights: None
Running weight: 442 grams (with Spare Tire)
Motor Pinion: 20T
Spur Gear: 58T
Differential: Worm Gear 16T/2T
Needed to Complete: Nothing